Friday, November 2, 2007

Update

For those who have been following my personal battle with cancer recently, I wanted to post an update. I met with the doctor today, and was given a clean bill of health. We are done with all treatments for now, and will keep an eye on things for the next few months to be sure.

From a physical standpoint, I am feeling quite good these days. I have resumed many of my normal activities. There have been a couple of evenings this week when I needed to rest, and I am still getting to bed earlier than I used to, but I have spent three days back in the office this week, and have returned to most of my normal duties. I am planning to attend the BYU football game tomorrow, which will be the first one that I attend this season, and I see no reason why I would not be able to work a full week next week. Food tastes normal again - as a matter of fact, we are going to Outback to celebrate tonight. I am just waiting for my hair to grow back now...I may be waiting a while.

I told my wife that although I am now officially considered a cancer survivor, I don't feel like one. I feel more like a cancer treatment survivor. Either way, I am now ready to get back to normal life.

I want to thank all of you who have provided notes, thoughts, prayers and in any other way had kept me and my family in your thoughts - we certainly felt the impact, and I have no doubt that this positive outcome is directly related to your prayers on our behalf.

Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great to hear, brother.

Totally unrelated, but I think you'll find it fun:

Mary Poppendieck has agreed to answer my reader's questions -- so please spread the word and ask your tough questions on Lean, Agile, and anything related:

http://www.shmula.com/444/ask-mary-poppendieck-anything